A VHHA-sponsored webinar highlighting efforts by the Northern Shenandoah Valley Coalition on Substance Abuse to combat opioid misuse – “The Addiction Crisis: A Community’s Response” – held this week was an overwhelming success, attracting roughly 600 participants who joined the April 20 online broadcast. The webinar, which featured key stakeholders who shared lessons learned through experience by the Northern Shenandoah Valley Coalition on Substance Abuse as it dealt with a local drug crisis, is now available online here or below. Featured webinar speakers include:
- The Honorable William Hazel, Jr., Secretary of Health and Human Resources
- Dr. Nicolas C. Restrepo, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Winchester Medical Center
- Chief Kevin Sanzenbacher, Chief of Police, Winchester Police Department
- Timothy S. Coyne, Public Defender for the City of Winchester and the Counties of Clarke, Frederick, Page, Shenandoah, and Warren
- Ralph Orr, Director, Virginia’s Prescription Monitoring Program
The webinar comes on the heels of VHHA unveiling its statewide hospital emergency department opioid prescribing guidelines as another step in the process of curbing opiate misuse.